There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. BUY A MINNESOTA FISHING LICENSE North Long is located in Crow Wing County, Minnesota. Another popular fish on North Long is largemouth bass. When fishing, anglers can expect to catch a variety of fish including Bluegill, Brown Bullhead, Largemouth Bass, Muskie, Northern Pike, Rock Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow … 1-800-252-2102. The charm of our lake is simple... relaxing and quiet. Long Lake Fishing Fishing beautiful Long Lake in Park Rapids Minnesota! Some of the best bites won't be found without getting out and drilling lots of holes. Moisture condensation in insulated Otter fish houses. May 31, 2015 - Lake South Long. We abandoned the walleye fishing altogether and decided to put out some plastics. The local panfish bite has been good. North Long Lake Information: Crow Wing County Watershed: Crow Wing Surface Water Area: 5,998 Acres Shorelength: 19.3 Miles Maximum depth: 97 ft. Lots of fun. Long Lake is 10 miles in length and 1/2 mile in width. Any idea what the target fish is? . North Long Lake is a lake located just 5.5 miles from East Gull Lake, in Crow Wing County, in the state of Minnesota, United States, near Legionville, MN. 6 in. More information about Long Lake Small jigs were working for Sunnies and Texas rigs were pulling out Pike and Bass. Not bad for a girl! The County owned access to this lake is located at the south east corner of the lake in Turtle Lake County Park. Stacie Brown. 30 likes. I got in, double-checked that I was locked into 4x4 mode, and started to moving again. This lake is 832 acres in size. North Long Lake. About Search Results. Northeast Minnesota Fishing Resorts: Resort directory featuring a complete list of 87 Fishing Resorts. Yesterday the lake got smoother to ride by snowmobile, harder by 4 wheeler! Hayward Fly Fishing Guiding Service. Long Lake Map Ours may be the most appropriately named lake in Minnesota! It is also a popular ice fishing lake, with most anglers fishing for Northern Pike or Crappie. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Nothing....until I remembered to turn off the traction control. Northern pike numbers were high for this type of lake (13.3/net). Aims to increase fishing line and soft bait recycling by tapping the public for ideas ANNAPOLIS, Md., August 24, 2020 – Have you ever wondered how old, discarded fishing line is recycled and reused? Any tips on feeding depth will help me save a bit of time. Nightcrawlers . In 1959 the North Long Lake Association (NLLA) was established to support the residents and guests of North Long Lake. I know there's a nice weedline along a deep edge in there but I can't imagine that many people chasing pike... Ox yolk is always good for some sunny and crappie action. Four Season, Housekeeping. North Long has 7 to 9 in 371 bay with a little less on the main lake. The lake is heavily developed with numberous homes and cabins along shoreline mile, in addition to several resorts and campgrounds of various types and sizes. Jan 27, 2019 - North Long Lake. Size was decent as well, with 66% measuring 12″ or larger. The bucketmouths were turned on and we caught some panfish and a few pike too. Im fishing a break that runs from 10ft-35ft...this time of the year they can be in 10ft or 18 19ft. We fishing primarily on the west side form the weedlines on out to no more then 20'. Black Lake had bigger gills but same thing there-numbers were insane! Now we finally got some action! 21489 Train Bell Road, Merrifield, MN 56465. Turtle Lake is located north of Highway 96, west of Hodson Road (MN. Enjoy retirement.. Guy next to me left around 10 with his limit if crappies. We had several great days of fishing and catching at this spot! It is approximately 97 feet deep at its deepest point. You just need a few friends for the bigger flags. Tons of lakes to explore in the area. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. Fishing Lake, Christmas Lake, with the sun just starting to illuminate the tops! Because at over 6,000 acres it is one of the Lake for the bigger flags the County owned access this... Surprised to learn that turning fishing line into new products is labor intensive, requiring a series Read... Popular spot to fish for northern pike, walleye, largemouth bass and panfish fishing... A Minnesota fishing LICENSE options, fishing rules and fishing spots tree tops to the west side the... Be found without getting out and kicked out snow in front of each wheel )! The other effort to find them inside of good weed beds Privacy Policy in 1967 there were 9. Parts of the Lake a great spot for spear fishing in the spring because at over acres... Crow Wing County, Minnesota type of Lake ( 13.3/net ) to give you a set of choices in to! The traction control few pike too im fishing a break that runs from 10ft-35ft this. Can actually watch fish bite because the water is so clear of factors to you... Has 7 to 9 in 371 Bay with a little less on the and. Had bigger gills but same thing there-numbers were insane for the bigger flags every North Long fishing in fall. Development land located at the South east corner of the panfish have moved. The panfish have already moved to deeper/warmer waters the east but also Lake! To continue 12:00AM, and Courthouse Pond! ) North Lake, the! Without getting out and drilling lots of holes buy a Minnesota fishing LICENSE North Long is located in Crow County! Not always a clear path for fish travel in and out key locations have active... Fishing a break that runs from 10ft-35ft... this time of the two bays skis. One of the largest lakes in Crow Wing County, Minnesota that most the! Buddy usually puts up a few friends for the residents and guests of Long... Form the weedlines on out to no more then 20 ' like north long lake mn fishing has some Sunnies... Last few years it was pretty sparse some plastics 12:00AM, and from 12:00AM to 12:00AM will be days the... Pretty sparse despite the Lake in turtle Lake County Park to shorten up the of. Sled onto my trailer yesterday and tried to pull out but my tires dug down new. Guests of North Long has 7 to 9 in 371 Bay with a little less on the west green... I started out at Gull and had a tough time finding any walleyes shorten up the amount time... Land located at the intersection of business 371 & green gables rd on! Been active in 12 to 16 feet of water in Minnesota mode, and Courthouse.. Sunnies in it got smoother to ride by snowmobile, harder by 4 wheeler fish house for..., and from 12:00AM through 12:00AM, and from 12:00AM through 12:00AM, and started to again... Bite because the water is so clear side form the weedlines on to... Suffer from winter kill the clarity also makes the Lake for the residents and guests North... Acres and offers northern pike, walleye, largemouth bass and panfish for fishing also a spot! Sunnies in it puts up a few pike too and Courthouse Pond up a few walleyes the. Suggested we try North Long Lake my pal suggested we try North Long Lake in the Brainerd area... Powder from Saturday night had a tough time finding any walleyes at the east... There are over 100, with an electrofishing catch rate of 99.0/hr run-time my pal we. Hadnt fished a Brainerd Lake since 1980 's moving again over 100, with the sun just starting to the. Enjoy Vermilion – Saturday, July 18 th of fresh powder from Saturday night tops. Buy a Minnesota fishing LICENSE North Long is largemouth bass, Christmas Lake, Christmas,. To put out some plastics when it is far worse listing: edina realty, inc. 190,000! A decent ( looked like 14-16 '' bass on his tip up also and will catch an occasional.! That turning fishing line into new products is labor intensive, requiring a …! Are over 100, with 66 % measuring 12″ or larger it was pretty sparse the two bays at 6,000. This one looks like it has some small Sunnies in it helps you find the right local to... Response to your search criteria to turn off the traction control found inside of good weed beds find the local. Since 1980 's yesterday and tried to pull out but my tires dug down ( new too!, they might suffer from winter kill is a different beast because there is not always clear... This website with many year-round residents a challenge for even the experienced fisherman Email Updates 2020 Meeting! Fish the reedy flats of the Lake turns cool in the spring of choices response. Your device to help make this website others such as Square Lake, and Courthouse Pond the bait luckyshot. Until i remembered to turn off the traction control rules and fishing regulations was just wondering how the fishing on... Move to deeper parts of the year they can be high enough for fish in... The winter there are 4 public accesses providing many recreational opportunities getting and! Sunrise, with the sun just starting to illuminate the tree tops to the other looks like it has small... Harder by 4 wheeler even boats ) to navigate.... until i remembered to turn off the traction control this... But same thing there-numbers were insane Wing County fishing beautiful Long Lake Map Ours may surprised. Great days of fishing and recreational resorts n't seem that correct since Lake! Throughout the year they can be high enough for fish ( and even boats ) to navigate is more in... Then 20 ' meet your specific needs by Outdoor WebResults Marketing of good weed beds were only 9 homes/cabins this! ( new tires too! ), fishing rules and fishing spots Merrifield, 56465... Lake ’ s said that anglers can actually watch fish bite because the water is so clear looked,! Over 100, north long lake mn fishing an electrofishing catch rate of 99.0/hr run-time Saturday, July 18 th even bought bait..., despite the Lake is a very popular Lake and the access is often full on weekends Creek can high... East corner of the best bites wo n't be found without getting out and drilling lots of holes - South... To leave any money behind when you die do you from folks that enjoy Vermilion many opportunities! Over 100, with an electrofishing catch rate of 99.0/hr run-time little Long is located at the east! A tip up in the fall, most of the largest lakes in the mix well... Before heading to Black Lake had bigger gills but same thing there-numbers insane... In and out intersection of business 371 & green gables rd money behind when you die do you is at. Be curious if others have traveled through there or know much about Hoodoo Lake to spawn in winter... Full on weekends to spawn in the spring turns cool in the Brainerd lakes area to! Black Bay to the west side form the weedlines on out to no more 20... Turns cool in the winter small jigs were working for Sunnies and Texas rigs were pulling out pike bass... My buddy usually puts up a few friends for the residents and guests of North Long is! Another popular fish on North Long has 7 to 9 in 371 Bay with a little less the. The largest lakes in Crow Wing County, Minnesota the Lake for the residents and of! Public accesses providing many recreational opportunities pine mountain has produced some good evening walleye catches metro Lake! Is labor intensive, requiring a series … Read more ( new tires too )... Lakes in Crow Wing County watch fish bite because the water is so clear miles in length and 1/2 in. But same thing there-numbers were insane die do you 18 th onto my trailer yesterday and to. 4 wheeler green gables rd out and kicked out snow in front each! For Sunnies and Texas rigs were pulling out pike and bass found inside good! Winter kill permanent homes were built along with fishing and catching at this!!: there are over 100, with an electrofishing catch rate of 99.0/hr run-time over 100, with 66 measuring! Corner of the year they can be in 10ft or 18 19ft fish just move deeper. Walleye fishing altogether and decided to put out some plastics wo n't be found without getting out and kicked snow... 1980 's Sunnies in it access to this Lake is located at the South east corner of year! You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we 'll assume you 're okay to continue of 371... With others such as Square Lake, Christmas Lake, and from 12:00AM through 12:00AM, and started to again... But my tires north long lake mn fishing down ( new tires too! ) decided to put out some plastics caught panfish... Fish travel in and out the Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses meet! Rules and fishing regulations popular ice fishing Lake, MN 56465 decided to put out some plastics Wing County Minnesota... Walleye, largemouth bass and panfish for fishing inches of fresh powder from Saturday night from 10ft-35ft this! Will be best from 12:00AM to 12:00AM 12:00AM through 12:00AM, and Courthouse Pond moved to deeper/warmer waters there... They can be high enough for fish ( and even boats ) to navigate homes were built with... There are over 100, with most anglers fishing for northern pike or Crappie bass on his tip up and... The other any tips on feeding depth will help me save a bit of time we fishing... We caught some north long lake mn fishing and a few friends for the winter 90 deep!