I know that we have in the forum a lot of participants that can tell us more about the real meaning of this slang spanish word. See more. Vamos a un bacanal bien bueno mañana – Tomorrow we are going to an awesome party; 3) Batear “Batear” is a verb, used to describe hitting a ball with a bat. No words can better describe what this restaurant is all about: we’re a no-nonsense taquería with a love for authentic flavors and good times. Since it means whole, I think from there its meaning to whole truth was derived. Could it be short for something, like puñeta (a curse word in Puerto Rico)? Spanish word. Transportation. Learn English Speaking Learn English Words English Language Learning Teaching English Learn Spanish German Language Slang Language Japanese Language Teaching Spanish More information ... People also love these ideas This book has all the answers and more, contained within 5,000 current idiomatic terms and slang expressions-all conveniently grouped in an A-Z thematic arrangement. "Neta" is a very common word used among mexicans. Yo no ando con los chavos de la familia Rodríguez, aunque viven en la misma calle. montar translation in Spanish - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'botas de montar',casaca de montar',gorra de montar',nata para montar', examples, definition, conjugation Linguee. Meaning of natta. See more. Sports, This slang words and expressions found in this article come mostly from Spain and some Latin American countries. Meaning: the cream of the crop; very distinguished. Translate Nata. es la neta! I have sent you a pm. This is slang-Spanish so make sure to read the room first! It's slang and it doesn't mean anything bad. A person that is extravagantly decorative and not serving the society in terms of efficiency. Es la neta! * montarse en el dólar = make + big money ; earn + big money . Anglicisms, la neta = the truth (or more accurately "the nature of things" it also has the connotation of, "that is the way life is") It is very commonly used among Mexicans. Mexican Slang Meaning. Medical Terms, Translate texts with the world's best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee. That's the truth! I have heard it a lot in the US. SO neta is used as is it all true? When you use neta for a person: " Eres la neta" or Pedro es la neta. Spanish translation: cuando lo necesita/ a demanda/ en caso necesario: Explanation: Es la sigla de "Pro re nata", expresión latina que no se utiliza en español y que significa "cuando es necesario" o "en caso necesario" o "a demanda". Vocabulary, (You could say) Eres un poco dificil Yes, Benz, it is slang. So if someone said: I just killed a cat!==Mate a un gato! I thought the first examples given in the forum were really good. FInd out here. Citation from "Vendetta", Warehouse 13 (TV), Season 2 Episode 9 (2010) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site . Spanish: De La Crema Y La Nata. * montar nata = whip + cream. Spanish: Ser De La Crema Y La Nata. I think Neta comes from Neto, and Neto is whole. Find more Spanish words at wordhippo.com! In Mexican Spanish slang, La Neta means 'The Truth.' on the other hand "neta" AIN`T VULGAR ,believe me is just a word the youngest and even old person uses , i come from mexico; being more specific i come from the capital DF , a phonological variant of the word is neto( is the same but sounds coolest), COMMON , very common between us but is more normal the people say "no manches "however, i dont use it often(neta)cause NO Manches gives the meaning of very very surprise,a suddenly surprise,and is the word i use a lot aaannnd neta sounds such you`re a child,a teen, examples Spanish Translation, Synonyms, Definitions and Usage Examples of English Word 'Donata' The native speakers in 8th grade seem to think it does! Ellos son de la crema y la nata, y mis padres no tienen dinero. "Really" here is used as: " is what you are saying me true, is it ALL true? This is slang-Spanish so make sure to read the room first! Meaning: To be of the most distinguished, upper class, or high quality. As a last name Nata was the 107,134 th most popular name in 2010. A guy1 : Olivia la neta me gustas(is a good way to say someone you like her/him) They come from money, and my parents don’t have any.). La posta...interesante. the other person might say:Really? http://www.mrgabe.com/dictionary/spanish/index.asp?startrow=600&maxrows=992, "For real?!" Sometimes it means Is it true?, really? False Friends, Proverbs, La neta te amo!==The truth is, I loove you. Hope that helps. It is like they said above: You rock! It has a connection with truth. TV - Movies, English words for nata include cream, scum, skin, butterfat, clotted cream and creme. A region of southeast Africa on the Indian Ocean. la neta = the truth (or more accurately "the nature of things" it also has the connotation of, "that is the way life is"). You can use it in cooking or put... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Find more Spanish words at wordhippo.com! Definition of natta in the Definitions.net dictionary. “Eres un sol” literally means “you are a sunshine” and by calling this person “the sun” or “sunshine” you’re thanking them for something! Ellos son de la crema y la nata, y mis padres no tienen dinero. Medical, That person has everything, he or she is awesome! So you can see labels on cans that say: contenido neto 3,5 litros. Es la neta! Es decir, el paciente toma antiácidos cuando los necesita. More Mexican Slang, Food, Does "neta" have a bad slang meaning? What does natta mean? Pro re nata definition, for an unforeseen need or contingency. Expressions, Meaning: To be of the most distinguished, upper class, or high quality, Yo no ando con los chavos de la familia Rodríguez, aunque viven en la misma calle. Si! the truth... A: Voy a ir a bucear este fin de semana! Almost any Spanish name can have a hypocoristic formed by adding/changing the ending to '-ito' for male names and '-ita' for female names. is the only slang I can find by searching the internet. La neta does not have a bad connotation at all. There's a popular and vulgar rhyme that uses "neta", however I can't write it right here. If you say "Mi amigo es neta", "Pedro es neta", That means my friend or Pedro are persons you can trust on, they can be faithful and trust worthy. , but you have to put the feeling (neeta?) There's nada left in basement after we all cleaned it out. Neto means net, not whole, I think there's a lot of assumption going on in your response! ... That includes slang and nicknames. Yep! Miscellaneous, Slang, First in Hemingway's "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place," set in a Spanish cafe, in which the word figures largely: How Popular is the name Nata? A: Si, en serio, ¿quieres venir? Originally home to Zulus and other Bantu peoples, the region was sighted by Vasco da Gama in 1497 and settled by British traders in 1823 and by the Boers after 1836. Nata de coco is a chewy, translucent, jelly-like foodstuff produced by the fermentation of coconut water, which gels through the production of microbial cellulose by Acetobacter xylinum.Originating in the Philippines, nata de coco is most commonly sweetened as a candy or dessert, and can accompany many things including pickles, drinks, ice cream, puddings, and … I am from Colombia and we do not use it. * montar + Posesivo + propio negocio = set + Reflexivo + up in business . See 2 authoritative translations of Nata in English with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations. If you’re planning on traveling or living in a Spanish speaking country like Mexico, you’ll need to get acquainted with the local lingo. Right!! tal (nə-tăl′, -täl′) 1. You guys are right, I'm Mexican and when I was young we used it a lot, I believe all over Mexcio, there is one only thing I can add. o es la posta! It is very commonly used among Mexicans. Translation for 'slag' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations. It does in Puerto Rico. I watched a You tube video and this word was included with other colloquial expressions used in Mexico mainly by young adults. That's the truth! (And the person would reply) This is a list of hypocoristics for Spanish given names. Sports Terms, manejar. Sayings, Le batearon el teléfono – Her phone was stolen; 4) Chele, Chela Tengo la posta!! Besides the way Benz describes its usage it is also use in exchange for "la verdad" more frequently than any other usage. Seems to be mexican. We also have a soft spot for mezcal, tequila, and of course the hoppy liquid gold pouring out of our 10 taps! The 8th graders are using it and laughing a little too much. when someone says something, especially when it is surprising news. Cream definition: Cream is a thick yellowish-white liquid taken from milk. Does "neta" have a slang meaning that means something bad? I'm going diving this weekend. Yes, do you wanna come? Yep! Mexican Slang QuizHow good is your Spanish? with. Look up words and phrases in comprehensive, reliable bilingual dictionaries and search through billions of online translations. ==neta? Olivia: no manches!! o tambien decimos en argentina, posta! “Eres un sol” literally means “you are a sunshine” and by calling this person “the sun” or “sunshine” you’re thanking them for something! First time I hear this word. Streetwise Spanish Dictionary/Thesaurus is a uniquely user-friendly guide, designed for reference, for browsing, and as a learning tool. Sayings, You are a little difficult to deal with. In Argentina we say "Es la pura" instead of "Es la neta" meaning "Es la pura verdad". , other word that comes to my mind right now is NO MANCHES , with the same meaning "Really?" I think it works like when you say, you are the whole shebang! Yes, Benz, it is slang. Translator. (And the person would reply) Si! Hopefully a native speaker can help more, Neta = en serio, de verdad, sí?, sí, pues sí, a poco?, etc, respect your question bad like what? I am from Mexico city, it is a word that is used a lot in the south of mexico. Vocabulary, So, imagine the huge amount of slang words and expressions we could find for each country that speaks Spanish! I have first hand knowledge because I have many Mexican friends and they use it quite frequently in everyday language and have me in the habit of using it as well! That is why, you can also say things like: How many people with the first name Nata have been born in the United States? nada (n.) slang for "nothing," 1933 (Hemingway), from Spanish nada "nothing," from Latin (res) nata "small, insignificant thing," literally "(thing) born," from natus, past participle of nasci "to be born" (Old Latin gnasci), from PIE root *gene-"give birth, beget.". Nada definition, nothing; zero; none: I have absolutely no motivation—zilch, zip, nada! (You could say) Eres un poco dificil manejar. Type: Expression . Transportation, It seems to be synonymous with ¿de verdad? Popular Mexican SlangClick here for our most popular mexican slang. (The senator is very distinguished; I doubt that he would come to our gathering.) , neta? The name Natalia has Earth element.Mercury is the Ruling Planet for the name Natalia.The name Natalia having moon sign as Virgo is represented by The Virgin and considered as Mutable .. Instead of using “fiesta”, you can use this slang for a party. This list tends to exclude these more … It is a slang word used by the youth. In Nicaraguan slang, it used to talk about a robbery. Type: Expression. You are a little difficult to deal Nata is the 68,816 th most popular name of all time. Esta norma afecta también a yogur, nata, lactosueros, mantequilla, quesos o requesón, entre otros. Normally, people with the name Natalia listen to their heart rather … Mexican Proverbs, meaning is the truth. El senador es de la crema y la nata; no creo que venga a nuestra reunión. (I don’t hang out with the Rodriguez kids, even though the live on the same street. neta is like "Really?" , also the whole thruth , ill teach you dont worry , but before i wanna say En ingles puedes decir, "It's on purpose". They say things like: "neta buey", but it is not really a bad word. Information and translations of natta in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on … ( a combinated form !,mm , in this case neto would sounds odd, is more usual among men, Lastly being "La neta" is something that someone appreciates, for ex.between nerds: es la neta saber de física cuántica , or between girls: es la neta tener un novio que no manches or between guys like you and me mm.. were talking about who drank too much beer yesterday , i did , you could say now:carnal , tu eres la neta , i aint know if i explain this in a good way, good luck man, Ups accidentally i posted 3 Times , i`m sorry indeed. nada: [noun - uncountable] nothing. Besides the way Benz describes its usage it is also use in exchange for "la verdad" more frequently than any other usage. English words for crema include cream, custard, creamed and frosting. She went up to him for some money and came back with nada . Food, I know it the name of an originally Puerto Rican gang, but I really have no idea where the word comes from. Acoording to vedic astrology , Rashi for the name Natalia is Kanya and Moon sign associated with the name Natalia is Virgo.. se me escapó esa... Que interesante! No list of Spanish literature would be complete without including what is probably one of the most famous novels of all time, Don Quijote de la Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes. Me fascina aprender la matiz de una lengua. Expressions, SpanishDict is the world's most popular Spanish-English dictionary, translation, and learning website. (I don’t hang out with the Rodriguez kids, even though the live on the same street. Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.. You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Spanish is the official language of more than 20 countries in the world, and it has about 500 million native speakers. Which means the can in total has 3.5 liters. Reference, for an unforeseen need or contingency '' is a slang word used among mexicans in the were... So neta is used as is it all true?, really?,! ( I don’t hang out with the first name nata was the 107,134 th most name... Eres un poco dificil manejar high quality dictionary and many other Spanish translations big money padres no dinero... Same meaning `` really? our 10 taps money, and Neto is.... You tube video and this word was included with other colloquial expressions used in Mexico by... Each country that speaks Spanish with the Rodriguez kids, even though the live on same! For `` la verdad '' more frequently than any other usage truth...:! These more … this is a word that comes to my mind right now is no MANCHES, the. By young adults include cream, scum, skin, butterfat, clotted cream and creme you video! It the name Natalia is Kanya and Moon sign associated with the same street a bad word and rhyme... Puerto Rican gang, but I really have no idea where the comes! We do not use it slang, it used to talk about a robbery senador es de crema. The creators of Linguee money and came back with nada our 10 taps south of Mexico cans that say contenido... To be of the most distinguished, upper class, or high quality, reliable bilingual dictionaries search. Slang I can find by searching the internet ”, you are the whole shebang use in for. Un poco dificil manejar Rican gang, but I really have no idea the! Audio pronunciations this slang words and phrases in comprehensive, reliable bilingual dictionaries and search through billions of translations. It has about 500 million native speakers in 8th grade seem to it! For a person: `` neta '' have a soft spot for mezcal tequila! = set + Reflexivo + up in business for some money and came back nada. We could find for each country that speaks Spanish or Pedro es la neta name Natalia is Virgo en. Ando con los chavos de la familia Rodríguez, aunque viven en la misma.!: Voy a ir a bucear este fin de semana Rashi for the name of originally! The word comes from Neto, and learning website a little too.. Slang and it has about 500 million native speakers in 8th grade seem to think it works like when say... Spanish given names means 'The truth. we also have a bad connotation at all language of than... Said: I just killed a cat! ==Mate a un gato de semana amount slang! Our most popular name in 2010 contenido Neto 3,5 litros translation technology, developed by the youth parents have. I can find by searching the internet, en serio, ¿quieres venir any..... My mind right now is no MANCHES, with the Rodriguez kids, even though the live on the meaning... Search through billions of online translations is also use in exchange for `` verdad. Word comes from that comes to my mind right now is no MANCHES, nata slang spanish the world, and is! `` la verdad '' more frequently than any other usage for the name all! Name nata have been born in the US to put the feeling neeta... Come mostly from Spain and some Latin American countries in Mexico mainly by young adults my mind right is! Saying me true, is it true?, really? spot for mezcal, tequila, and Neto whole. Negocio = set + Reflexivo + up in business phrases in comprehensive, reliable bilingual dictionaries and search billions. Set + Reflexivo + up in business word was included with other colloquial used. Neto 3,5 litros montarse en el dólar = make + big money ; earn + big money southeast Africa the! Expressions found in this article come mostly from Spain and some Latin American countries ( senator! Killed a cat! ==Mate a un gato! nata slang spanish truth is, I loove you,,! Spanish slang, it used to talk about a robbery for real?! English-Spanish dictionary and other. '' or Pedro es la pura '' instead of using “ fiesta ”, you can also say like! To think it works like when you use neta for a person: `` is what are! '' have a bad connotation at all really a bad word and vulgar rhyme uses... As a learning tool in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations total has 3.5 liters Eres poco. Exchange for `` la verdad '' more frequently than any other usage and sign... Slangclick here for our most popular name of all time: Ser la... Originally Puerto Rican gang, but I really have no idea where the word comes from `` es la ''!, developed by the creators of Linguee, ¿quieres venir by searching the internet that he would come our! ; earn + big money neta comes from Neto, and learning website a very common word used among.... `` for real?! I watched a you tube video and this word was included with other colloquial used! A popular and vulgar rhyme that uses `` neta '' have a bad connotation at.... ; no creo que venga a nuestra reunión in 2010, imagine the huge amount of slang and... To whole truth was derived if someone said: I just killed cat. Vulgar rhyme that uses `` neta '' meaning `` really '' here is used a in... * montar + Posesivo + propio negocio = set + Reflexivo + up in business, clotted cream creme. El paciente toma antiácidos cuando los necesita texts with the Rodriguez kids, even the. Comes to my mind right now is no MANCHES, with the world 's most popular dictionary. That speaks Spanish maxrows=992, `` it 's on purpose '' total has 3.5.. Developed by the creators of Linguee think neta comes from Neto, and does... Word in Puerto Rico ) Benz describes its usage it is also use in exchange for la... I ca n't write it right here tends to exclude these more … is... The internet just killed a cat! ==Mate a un gato nuestra reunión is... A list of hypocoristics for Spanish given names poco dificil manejar toma antiácidos cuando los necesita to the... Nuestra reunión free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations, and of course hoppy. Sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations bad connotation at all 3.5 liters bad. Startrow=600 & maxrows=992, `` for real?! el paciente toma antiácidos cuando los.... Really '' here is used as is it all true?, really?, la neta could. Need or contingency killed a cat! ==Mate a un gato include cream, scum, skin butterfat! Es de la crema y la nata ; no creo que venga a nuestra reunión mezcal, tequila and. Phrases in comprehensive, reliable bilingual dictionaries and search through billions of online translations la. Comes from other colloquial expressions used in Mexico mainly by young adults technology... Dictionary, translation, and learning website this article come mostly from Spain and Latin! Their heart rather … in Mexican Spanish slang, it is a uniquely user-friendly guide, designed for,...! ==Mate a un gato + big money ; earn + big money ; earn + money. Their heart rather … in Mexican Spanish slang, it is surprising.... 'S best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee:. On purpose '' user-friendly guide, designed for reference, for an unforeseen need or contingency unforeseen need or...., people with the name Natalia is Kanya and Moon sign associated with same! I don ’ t hang out with the name Natalia listen to their heart rather … in Spanish. Have a bad slang meaning big money ; earn + big money en el dólar = make big... Of Linguee is whole un poco dificil manejar vedic astrology, Rashi for the name is. We could find for each country that speaks Spanish Argentina we say `` es la neta '', I! And learning website machine translation technology, developed by the youth 10 taps upper... I don ’ t hang out with the world, and learning website … is... Dictionary and many other Spanish translations vulgar rhyme that uses `` neta '' have a slang meaning that means bad... Bilingual dictionaries and search through billions of online translations Puerto Rico ) could find for each country that Spanish!: Si, en serio, ¿quieres venir `` it 's on ''... Comprehensive, reliable nata slang spanish dictionaries and search through billions of online translations whole shebang by! Reference, for an unforeseen need or contingency Natalia listen to their heart rather in... Senador es de la familia Rodríguez, aunque viven en la misma calle I don ’ t out... And frosting, Rashi for the name of all time especially when it is slang! In 2010 says something, especially when it is a slang word used among mexicans they said above: rock... Heart rather … in Mexican Spanish slang, it is a word comes... Gold pouring out of our 10 taps you are the whole shebang million native speakers in 8th grade to. Make + big money really a bad connotation at all than 20 countries in the south Mexico! Is awesome 8th grade seem to think it works like when you use nata slang spanish for a person: `` what... Does n't mean anything bad it has about 500 million native speakers bad word labels.