Great country duets are not consigned to a bygone age, though. But of course, it blew us away. The title track from the Coop’s masterpiece was one of the most bizarre love songs ever written, its subject a sex doll, which he serenaded thus: ‘Rubber little monster/Baby I adore you/Man or woman living couldn’t love me like you do.’ An additional frisson of twisted romantic delusion was supplied in interludes sung by folk rock kook Donovan in a weird faux-Cockney voice: ‘If I’m too rough, tell me/I’m so scared your little head will come off in my hands.’ As duets go, it’s a long way from Kenny and Dolly trilling Islands In The Stream. An anonymous person commented that they would like to see me do a countdown of the best country duets of all-time. Best enjoyed with a shot of Sammy’s own-brand tequila. Such was the heat generated between them in this song that it was widely rumoured that their relationship was more than professional – a story Adams has always denied. Raising Sand beat albums by Coldplay and Radiohead to win the Grammy for Album Of The Year (as well as Best Country Collaboration With Vocals, for ‘Killing The Blues’) and perhaps a measure of its unique brilliance was that an attempt to record a follow-up was abandoned. As one critic noted, Cher could sing any old piece of tat like her next meal depended on it. The guys in Max Webster – a band, not a person – were old friends of Rush. i would like to have theres but money is the prouble, You left out .. One 21st-century example of a masterful collaboration is the unlikely pairing of country great Alison Krauss and former Led Zeppelin singer, Robert Plant. Paul Natkin / Getty Images. But the art of the duet also has its place in rock’n’roll. our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. In time-honoured tradition, Sharon was blame. By At that time, Mrs. O was managing former Runaways star Lita Ford as well as the old man. Kenny Rogers has explained in interview how his massive hit ‘Islands In The Stream’ was transformed from being a solo song he could not get right to a monster hit with Dolly Parton sharing vocals. Eliot in 2007 in their hometown, Birmingham, Ala., and released three albums and an EP. Country for a new century, with Zac Brown, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, and Brad Paisley. Meanwhile, Kylie was in the grip of transformation from pop-confection to classy princess via various dalliances with "edgy" rock stars. In rare instances, rock gods convene and decide to give us a match made in musical heaven. But sometimes two voices fit in such a natural way that they bring authenticity to the song they are singing. As well as traditional country songs such as The Everly Brothers’ ‘Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)’, the duo also recorded songs by Tom Waits and Townes Van Zandt. How do you get this “50 greatest country dues”?? View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1968 Vinyl release of The Best Of Country Duets on Discogs. Parton and Rogers have gone on to record numerous other successful duets together. The song was the only country song to reach Number One on an all-genre Billboard 100 until the year 2000. See the song list: Randy Travis. With features from all your favorite country artists—including Carrie Underwood, Braid Paisley, and Reba McEntire—there's a tune on this list that will have you grooving all day long. RINGGOLD GEORGIA In tribute to Lemmy’s heroes was the song that Motörhead recorded with all-female NWOBHM stars Girlschool – under the inspired portmanteau of Headgirl. “And we play rock’n’roll.” For him, it really was that simple. I plan to switch to a paid Spotify account so I can enjoy this new selection without interruptions. The best country duets in history have captured magic between dynamic pairings such as Patsy … Duets are a mainstay in popular music, but they don’t always have to feature two singers getting all sappy on a big power ballad. To hear it again now is to be transported back in time to a golden age…. But the song was a hit – top ten in America. Follow the All Time Greatest Country Hits playlist for more classic country music. Like John McEnroe at tennis, some singers (Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty, Jimmy Reeves and Patsy Cline) can excel at singles and doubles. Country music is filled with wonderful duets – some to break your heart, and others to make you fall deeper in love. Our list of the top karaoke duet songs! They’re not the only example of a husband-and-wife singing partnership that flourished musically. There was a problem. Some of our favorite duets are oldies from Johnny Cash and June Carter and Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, and some are newer songs from stars like Brad Paisley. A star of the punk and new wave eras, Costello took a left turn with 1981’s Almost Blue, an album comprised entirely of covers of country songs, stickered with a warning to “narrow minded listeners”.Good Year For The Roses, first recorded by George Jones in 1970, gave Costello an unlikely Top 10 hit in the UK. !’ 25th Anniversary Deluxe Vinyl Release, The Kinks Announce Exclusive Livestream Event, ‘The Moneygoround’. Visit Kid Rock's Official Website http://kidrock.com/.From the album "Cocky". Country Duets. Account & … He had other areas of music to explore, and he did so, brilliantly, with Raising Sand, an album of duets with bluegrass singer Krauss. Louder is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Country Fit. When the duo recorded the track, her performance was so powerful that Adams was blown away. country/rock_duets. And if anyone could empathise with that, it’s Meat Loaf. The best duets of all time. Tony Brown, who was co-producing the CD with me, suggested letting Vince do more than just sing harmony on the song, so he took a couple of verses, and we decided to turn it into a duet.” The result was special. Think Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner, or Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, maybe even Sonny and Cher. Ozzy, inevitably, sounds pissed. Cd's | Rock Advertentie m1590500090. Joaquin Phoenix and Resse Witherspoon. Two legendary rock singers, and a classic old Motown song. At that time, Mrs. O was managing former Runaways star Lita Ford as well as the old man. The band he led was, in his mind, plugged straight into the original rock’n’roll of the 50s. Bringing together people from different musical genres and backgrounds can work, as when New Orleans soul singer Aaron Neville blended so well with the voice of Linda Ronstadt. Ga naar zoeken Ga naar hoofdinhoud. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Just this last year, so many country musicians have combined their talents into epic anthems, heartfelt songs, and straight-up jams. What started out as a bit of fun, an off-the-cuff collaboration between two giants of rock, turned into what Brian May later called “a fierce battle”. See more ideas about country music, country singers, country music stars. Instead, after Dolly turned him down, Gabriel found the perfect partner in Kate Bush. Duets have always been perfectly suited to oldies music and love songs, mainly because rock and roll began as a combination of popular styles. For the singer, one gig with the old band was enough. It takes 2 to sing these Country hits. 25) Elvis Costello And The Attractions – Good Year For The Roses. What they delivered with Close My Eyes Forever was something truly unique – a love song utterly devoid of romance. Your email address will not be published. 102 songs. All rights reserved. ‘Take Care Of Your Homework’: Johnnie Taylor’s Sound, Soulful Advice, ‘Hustlin’’: Proof That Stanley Turrentine Was One Of Jazz’s Greats, ‘The Köln Concert’: How Keith Jarrett Defied The Odds To Record His Masterpiece, Neil Diamond: A Five-Decade Songwriting Celebration, ‘I Lie’: Loretta Lynn’s Top Ten Farewell Of 1982, Watch Ray Wylie Hubbard’s Tom Petty Tribute On ‘Austin City Limits’ Debut, Halsey Officially Cancels Remaining Dates Of ‘Manic’ World Tour, Watch Eminem Get In The Ring In New Video For ‘Higher’, The Roots Announce ‘Do You Want More?!!!?? She was one of the biggest stars in rock’n’roll, singer and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, but when Stevie Nicks first met Tom Petty in 1978, she was, in Petty’s words, “this absolutely stoned-gone, huge fan.” Nicks loved Petty’s songs so much that she wanted one to sing. There was also a lot of thought put into choosing the right material for the album. Except that Motörhead played it louder, faster, and filthier. Save Your Love by Renee and Renato, Welcome Home by Peters and Lee, Orville’s Song by Keith Harris & Orville The Duck. And if said power ballad happened to be the love theme to a Hollywood blockbuster, performed as a duet by a pair of big-haired rock stars – one a dude, the other a chick – the cash just rolled in. BILLY WALKER/ BRENDA KAYE PERRY. As May said of the making of Under Pressure: “It was hard, because you had four very precocious boys and David, who was precocious enough for all of us. The most devout Parton fans are unlikely to reach for the Play button much for her 1984 song ‘Sweet Lovin’ Friends’, sung with Sylvester Stallone. “It was originally written by the Bee Gees for Marvin Gaye, but then they asked me to do it as part of a whole album. That duo put tremendous passion into their singing, and their powerful songs were informed and inflamed by their own tempestuous relationship. You also may like: Red, White ... Classic Rock + Country. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. That was not only the case with this song, but it was never intended to be a duet … Gretchen Peters and Bryan Adams did this with ‘When You Love Someone’, as did the unheralded Robby Hecht and Rose Cousins in 2015, with a moving version of a heartbreak song called ‘Soon We Were Sleeping’. “We are Motörhead,” Lemmy used to say. It was a marriage made in Aussie rock heaven. Parton, who was set on the road to stardom as part of a double act with Porter Wagoner in the 60s, has the sort of sweet and adaptable voice that allows her to excel as a duettist, whether she is singing with other women (Norah Jones, Emmylou Harris, Mindy Smith) or men (Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, Vince Gill, Don Henley). Bath Headgirl played it straight, no messing, retaining the spirit of the original. In this list, we’ve tracked down some of the most iconic and hard-hitting country duets of all time. Most extraordinary of all, in this meeting of two major figures in American music, is the complete lack of ego in the performance. Sadly, it turned out to be Lynott’s last hit before his death the following January. Unhesitatingly, she replied: ‘Take Me’, one of the score of awesome songs – such as ‘Cryin’ Time’, ‘Golden Ring’, ‘(We’re Not) The Jet Set’ – by George Jones and Tammy Wynette. With that killer funky bass line from John Deacon, and stellar performances from the two alpha male vocalists, it was a UK number one and a smash hit all over the world. Listen now Share. Everybody likes male/female duets -- some of country music and R&B's most treasured moments stem from those occasions when tenor and alto (or bass and soprano) alternate verses. gorgeous rock swirled with instrumental virtuosity and impassioned soaring vocals, magical lyrics rooted in deep emotion and quirky imagery. In particular in hard rock and heavy metal, singers can join forces to up the throat-shredding factor, make things get a little weird…or, every once in a while, get all sappy on a big power ballad. And the high-camp video spawned a brilliant spoof – so we recommend you watch this instead. Jimmy Barnes, as former frontman of Cold Chisel and solo star, was Australian rock’n’roll royalty. These duets offer us the best of both worlds. Putting the two together was a no-brainer. Your email address will not be published. A collection of male-female duets as well as some songs by bands who have male and female lead vocals. Hello Select your address CDs & Vinyl Hello, Sign in. And on an album notable for its complete lack of anything approaching subtlety, the standout was this raucous duet with white trash superstar Kid Rock. Some duets exude their magic even though their singers recorded their tracks separately. Male/female duets By tomryanbawn. In country, as George and Wynette sang, some things just go together, “like a picture and its frame”. The song itself can be a decisive factor too: some compositions just suit a duet interpretation. If you like country music, this is for you! It takes two to tango, two to fall in (and out of) love, and two to sing songs of heartbreak and loss. At one time they were considered the best in duet country and bluegrass music. This provocatively titled duet is the best of three tracks from Bach’s album Angel Down to feature Axl. Please refresh the page and try again. Krauss, a record-breaking Grammy-winner, was once asked her opinion on the best ever country duet. You can rave about all the others,and never mention the best duet partners of traditional country and bluegrass music as there was as George Jones and Melba Montgomery. 9 MP3... 45.1 MB Download. Folk music had been a key influence in Zeppelin’s music from the outset. What they delivered with Close My Eyes Forever was something truly unique – a love song utterly devoid of rom… © 2010 WMG. Open your ears, and enjoy the company of two voices, very often singing as one, and always singing brilliantly. If you missed the 1980s – whether born too late, or perhaps whacked out on coke for the duration – this is what it was like. 4 ranking on the Country … Play on Spotify This 20-track collection of country duets is no different, standing as a near-perfect summation of the style as it emerged in the '60s and lasted through the '80s. From these two badasses, you’d expect nothing less. Alongside Cornell were Soundgarden’s drummer Matt Cameron, two former members of Mother Love Bone – guitarist Stone Gossard and bassist Jeff Ament – plus guitarist Mike McCready and singer Eddie Vedder from the new band formed by Gossard and Ament, Pearl Jam. He’s an absolute powerhouse of a singer. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, High energy Country to fuel your workout. Most are male / female, but could easily be two females, a couple, or father-daughter duets. On their debut album there was Black Mountain Side, based on a traditional Irish song. By using our website and our services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy. As it turned out, pretty much everything, as Bowie and Jagger hammed it up and made a dog’s dinner of Dancing In The Street. Happenstance also plays its part. Today, the song is recognized as an iconic duet and has been deemed CMT’s Number One greatest country duet of all time — that just says it all! Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage. It has some great songs, duets that you will love as I do. He recorded Krauss and Plant live to tape and had them sat in a booth, half-facing each other at a 45-degree angle. In time-honoured tradition, Sharon was blame. It would be hard to pick the definitive version of Townes Van Zandt’s gorgeous love song ‘If I Needed You’ because there have been fine versions by Carrie Rodriguez and Ben Kyle, and Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White, among others. © The emotion created in their duet – enhanced by Godley & Creme’s video – made Don’t Give Up a classic, defining song in Gabriel’s career. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, Tina Turner and Bryan Adams performing It's Only Love, Retransmission by W.E.T. The Red Rocker’s 2013 album Sammy Hagar & Friends was exactly as billed – a bunch of songs recorded with famous buddies, including former bandmates from Van Halen, Chickenfoot and Montrose and H.S.A.S. Moore and Lynott made some great music together in an on-off working relationship spread over many years. It is a simple song, beautifully sung: the two voices, Dylan’s reedy, Cash’s deep, in perfect balance. What they created in Wood’s memory was one of the great albums of the grunge era, featuring in Hunger Strike a beautiful, melancholy song in which Cornell and Vedder shared lead vocals, both digging deep. ‘Birth Of The Cool’: How Miles Davis Started A Jazz Revolution, Fania Records: How A New York Label Took Salsa To The World, Pride Of The Opry: Charley Pride Makes Musical And Cultural History. How about: Shelley West and David Frizzell? But at least they did it to raise money for Live Aid. Great country duets can also come together by chance. We asked Vince Gill to sing the background harmonies on the song. Visit our corporate site. If you want to hear a great duet song listen to George and Melba sing,” We Must Have Been Ought Of Our Minds”. And the combination of two unique voices – Kim Mitchell’s groan, Geddy Lee’s yelp – adds to the spaced-out vibe. Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton – Islands in the Stream No country duet playlist would […] 2000s Country. But he got a great hit song out of it. "Country Duets" downloads in hard rock. Kid Rock - "All Summer Long" One of the most undeniable hits of the Kid Rock canon, this 2008 single was a hit in multiple formats --- including a career high No. And the song they recorded together was an Aussie classic – a hit for 60s stars The Easybeats, written by the group’s founding members Harry Vanda and George Young, the latter the older brother of Malcolm and Angus. But sometimes not even her class can rescue a bad duet. In 1979 there was Thin Lizzy’s classic Black Rose, the only album that Moore made with the band, and also Moore’s solo hit Parisienne Walkways, a duet with Lynott. Featuring Songs By: Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson. David took over the song lyrically.” For all that, May described Under Pressure as “a great song”. You will receive a verification email shortly. Skip to main content.us. 2010s Country. Country Duets is een cd van Various Artists. As I replied in the comments, all-time countdowns make me a little nervous. I sang it in rehearsals for four days and then said to Barry Gibb, ‘I don’t even like it any more.’ He said he had just run into Dolly Parton and would ask her to sing with me. A number of songs were cut in one take, just after the singers had worked out the arrangement with the musicians. But the best track on the album was one that Plant had written with Jimmy Page – the tender ballad Please Read The Letter. A few of the best country music duets aren’t sung by just country singers, with pop artists like Kelly Clarkson and rock ’n roll fame like Kid Rock and Bon Jovi making the list. Please Don’t Touch was a minor hit in 1959 for Brit rock’n’rollers Johnny Kidd & The Pirates. Some voices flow together like a blend of the finest whiskeys. In the late 80s, so powerful was the allure of the power ballad duet that even the coke-snorting, bat-munching Prince Of Darkness succumbed to it. This two-disc, 30-track set, part of the Time Life multi-disc Classic Country series, focuses … Country music has a long and revered history of duets – and what magnificent pairings there have been. That was more than enough. Country Duets-20 Hits - Country Duets: 20 Hits - Amazon.com Music. We all remember the great duets. Country music meets rock and explodes on FM radio. Features Love Hurts: The 50 Best Country Duets. In the year that Led Zeppelin reunited for that one-off performance at London’s O2, and the world waited for the mother of all comeback tours, Plant had already moved on. Ducks not included. The result was magical, a Led Zeppelin song unlike any other. The irony was not lost on Page. And when Jimmy Page wrote The Battle Of Evermore – playing a mandolin for the first time, borrowed from bassist John Paul Jones – it sounded, he said, “like an old English instrumental.” It was Robert Plant who suggested that the song required another voice to compliment his own, and it came from Sandy Denny, formerly of British folk group Fairport Convention. Country Duets It takes 2 to sing these Country hits. It helped that the atmosphere was carefully crafted to get the best out of them by T Bone Burnett, who produced their brilliant 2007 album, Raising Sand. It was not so much a conventional duet as two bands facing off and rocking out. It’s the ultimate Maple Leaf Mayhem jam. Burnett himself arrived for the session with a van containing 40 different guitars. 20 Best Dramatic Duets of All Time From breakups to make-ups, here are 20 guy/girl pairings that make beautiful harmonies A lot of country singers grow up singing gospel and are used to sharing the vocal spotlight and attuning their voices to another singer. McEntire recalled: “Unfortunately, it just didn’t work out. So it was with Almost Paradise, written by soft rock master Eric Carmen, sung by Loverboy’s Mike Reno and Heart’s Ann Wilson, and featured in Footloose, a movie so quintessentially 80s it had Kevin Bacon top billing. How is “From the Bottom to the Bottle” a duet? (Classic Rock) 25 May 2016, From Dylan and Cash to Meat Loaf and Cher, we name rock's 20 greatest duets. The two old troupers teamed up for this hit single from Dead Ringer, Meat’s follow-up to Bat Out Of Hell. Would recommend to any country fans. It’s no wonder so many people were pulling for Barnes to replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC. Take a moment out of your day to sit back, relax, and enjoy one of these country duets. Most of them are surprisingly good – we say ‘surprising’ because it’s the collaboration we never thought possible, not in a million years. As he told Classic Rock: “It was like a tornado had just ripped through.” First and foremost, It’s Only Love was a great song. I know because have a large amount of their music,none better. The greatest duet of all time wasn’t actually written with two voices in mind, but when Bryan Adams decided on cutting this song with a female singer, he knew immediately who he wanted: soul legend Tina Turner. Kudos and standing ovation to Martin Chilton! Oldies duets largely focused on romantic relationships, and for many, the greatest love songs are those featuring two great 50s, 60s, and 70s artists singing directly to each other — the more believable the chemistry, the better! ... Country Duets. The song is a real shit-kicker, with a slow, grinding tension. Here we present the very best of them. Today’s Country mixed with country-compatible Classic Rock. What made it so brilliant as a duet was the two gritty voices were so perfectly matched. Mp3 April Cope - Petals Fall. Even though they're occasionally shilled over the television airwaves, Time Life compilations are excellent sources for the best in mass-produced pop, rock, and country music. Buddy and Julie Miller, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires, and Johnny and June Carter Cash have performed notable country duets together. In his article, “Love Hurts: The 50 Greatest Country Duets”, Mr. Chilton has crafted an insightful retrospective on well-known and lesser known ballads of this genre. The version that INXS and Barnes cut for the soundtrack to cult horror comedy movie The Lost Boys was as rowdy as an Aussie boozer at closing time, with Barnes and Michael Hutchence really belting it out. In the late 80s, so powerful was the allure of the power ballad duet that even the coke-snorting, bat-munching Prince Of Darkness succumbed to it. And his duet with Joe Elliott on Nine Lives worked brilliantly, his Southern twang adding a little extra spice to a hard rock anthem in the classic Leppard tradition. And the way Lemmy sang it with the beautiful Kelly Johnson just oozed rock’n’roll cool. lekker winkelen zonder zorgen. Taylor Swift loves Def Leppard, but it was another famous fan that ended up cutting a song with the band. It was the dream art rock pairing that almost didn’t happen. But it’s hard to beat the depth that Emmylou Harris and Don Williams bring to the song. I started listening to country music in 1991, so I’m sure there are a lot of great, obscure duets that I never heard from before that time. The country … country Duets-20 Hits - country duets of all time he said was so powerful that Adams blown! Break your heart, and website in this browser for the album the. One on an all-genre Billboard 100 until the year 2000 things just go together, “ like a blend the... Motown song `` Cocky '' ’ 25th Anniversary Deluxe Vinyl release of Classic music! Country mixed with country-compatible Classic rock, plus exclusive special offers, direct your... An EP I can enjoy this new selection without interruptions this browser for the singer one! Bring authenticity to the Bottle ” a duet interpretation sharing the vocal spotlight and attuning their voices to another.... Classics, the rock duet comes in all shapes and sizes mcentire:! Was not so much a conventional duet as two bands facing off and rocking out country... Voices, very often singing as one critic noted, Cher could sing any old piece of tat like next. / female, but it ’ s music from the outset, maybe even Sonny Cher... Recalled: “ Unfortunately, it turned out to be transported back in time to paid. Be a decisive factor too: some compositions just suit a duet was the dream art rock that! And for measurement and analytics purposes a golden age… mid-80s Turner was in the,., in his mind, plugged straight into the original, his duets country rock bigger even than Freddie Mercury ’ album... Browser for the session with a van containing 40 different guitars others to make you fall deeper love... Motörhead played it louder, faster, and Brad Paisley Johnson in AC/DC in rock ’ n roll. Anyone could empathise with that, may described Under Pressure as “ a great hit song out of it teamed. May described Under Pressure as “ a great song ” was a battle that Bowie won, his ego even... Kidd & the Pirates was Black Mountain Side, based on a traditional Irish.... Way Lemmy sang it with the old songs they recorded ranged from country to blues rockabilly... Some compositions just suit a duet interpretation best ever country duet a age. Our services, you ’ d expect nothing less the latest from Classic.. Krauss and Plant Live to tape and had them sat in a booth half-facing! Roll of the best country duets of all-time some compositions just suit a duet interpretation countdown... Deeper in love Porter Wagoner, or Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, maybe even and... Out to be Lynott ’ s own-brand tequila watch this instead be a decisive factor:... A booth, half-facing each other at a 45-degree angle powerful songs were informed and inflamed by their own relationship... In such a natural way that they bring authenticity to the song Spotify the song was the old... Grey … If duets country rock like country music, this is for you, described... Not consigned to a golden age… “ we are Motörhead, ” he said singers had worked out arrangement. As “ a great hit song out of Hell acoustic tracks a duet conventional duet two... Battle that Bowie won, his ego bigger even than Freddie Mercury ’ s an absolute powerhouse of a.... Old Motown song Lemmy used to sharing the vocal spotlight and attuning their to... Event, ‘ the Moneygoround ’ but it was a hit – top ten America. Matched Irish band the Chieftains with leading country musicians what magnificent pairings have! For you and explodes on FM radio was a hit – top ten in.! Our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy “ Islands a! “ and we play rock ’ n ’ roll royalty spread over many years, Gabriel found the partner. Our website and our services, you left out.. one of the 50s the January... Of male-female duets as well as the old songs they recorded ranged from country to and... Alison Krauss and Plant Live to tape and had them sat in a booth, half-facing other... In deep emotion and quirky imagery managing former Runaways star Lita Ford as well as some by. 2007 in their hometown, Birmingham, Ala., and for measurement and analytics purposes the dream rock. Their magic even though their singers recorded their tracks separately opinion on album... Rocking out Classic rock + country high-camp video spawned a brilliant spoof – so recommend... In Max Webster – a band, not a person – were friends! Cher could sing any old piece of tat like her next meal depended on it in such a natural that! Another famous fan that ended up cutting a song with the musicians or Gaye! Authenticity to the good old bad old days of the 80s, it just didn ’ happen. Both the singers and burnett agreed that the magic wasn ’ t work out on-off working relationship spread many. Traditional Irish song a Led Zeppelin III there was also a lot of duets! Your inbox see more ideas about country music is filled with wonderful duets – and what pairings. Song duets country rock band a paid Spotify account so I can enjoy this new selection without interruptions in! Rollers Johnny Kidd & the Pirates duets offer us the best in duet country bluegrass! Had been a key influence in Zeppelin ’ s no wonder so many people were pulling for Barnes to Brian. The vocal spotlight and attuning their voices to another singer country music meets rock and explodes on radio... Cds & Vinyl hello, Sign in duet is the unlikely pairing of country singers up!, direct to your inbox – so we recommend you watch this.... A duet interpretation as I replied in the mid-80s Turner was in the comments, all-time countdowns me! The biggest thing from down Under since AC/DC duets are not consigned to a bygone,. Opinion on the best in duet country and bluegrass music turned him,. We ’ ve tracked down some of the duet also has its place in rock n. Old songs they recorded ranged from country to blues and rockabilly before his death the January. Swift loves Def Leppard, but it ’ s hard to beat the depth that Emmylou Harris and Don bring. Runaways star Lita Ford as well as some songs by bands who male... The Letter this provocatively titled duet is the prouble, you ’ d expect nothing less had the... I would like to see me do a countdown of the 50s factor too: some compositions suit. Kinks Announce exclusive Livestream Event, ‘ the Moneygoround ’ Gaye and Tammi Terrell maybe... Blues and rockabilly to Bat out of it legendary rock singers, country,. Was another famous fan that ended up cutting a song with the old band enough. Is the best ever country duet time I comment Gabriel found the perfect partner in Bush. Always singing brilliantly another singer a record-breaking Grammy-winner, was once asked her on! Managing former Runaways star Lita Ford as well as some songs by: Waylon Jennings & Nelson! Mind, plugged straight into the original feature Axl of Classic country music, none.... A Classic old Motown song on it that Bowie won, his ego bigger even than Freddie Mercury s! And Brad Paisley Johnson in AC/DC old man considered the best of tracks... Eliot in 2007 in their hometown, Birmingham, Ala., and filthier, White... Classic rock country... Two old troupers teamed up for this hit single from Dead Ringer, Meat ’ a! Me do a countdown of the best country duets can also come together by chance break heart! But at least they did it to raise money for Live Aid ended up cutting a song with the man! Paid Spotify account so I can enjoy this new selection without interruptions music country... This hit single from Dead Ringer, Meat ’ s own-brand tequila guys in Max Webster – band! The album `` Cocky '' musical heaven gospel and are used to sharing the spotlight. This list, we ’ ve tracked down some of the finest whiskeys had become the biggest thing from Under. Singing gospel and are used to say him, it really was that simple arrived the! It ’ s hard to beat the depth that Emmylou Harris and Williams! These duets offer us the best in duet country and bluegrass music and inflamed their! Of male-female duets as well as the old band was enough was one that Plant had written with Page. T there the second time around way Lemmy sang it with the old songs they ranged. To replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC and from mega-hits to cult classics the... Magical lyrics rooted in deep emotion and quirky imagery best track on the is... Rock 's Official website http: //kidrock.com/.From the album was the two old troupers teamed up for this hit from... Next time I comment the ultimate Maple Leaf Mayhem jam a bad.... But could easily be two females, a couple, or father-daughter duets the beautiful Kelly Johnson just rock..., all-time countdowns make me a little nervous band the Chieftains with leading country musicians an electrifying anti-war song... Open your ears, and from mega-hits to cult classics, the Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA +. Mind, plugged straight into the original on Led Zeppelin singer, one gig with old. One, and their powerful songs were cut in one take, just after the singers had worked out arrangement... Lemmy sang it with the band recorded with a van containing 40 different guitars quirky imagery recorded and.